Tuesday, December 28, 2010

best books i read this year


Once again, YA fiction, food and non-fiction makes it to the top of my year end list. Only 6 books out of the near 50 books I read in 2010 get my emotional, totally unscientific 5 star rating. The above photo are books on my to-read shelf & I might be able to add one of these to my GoodReads list before the year is through.

What can I say...I'm a teenager at heart. Here are the top YA titles I read this year. All of them really resonated with me and I recommended them to friends. Engaging, compelling and full of heart.

How To Say Goodbye In Robot

What They Always Tell Us

When You Reach Me

The next 3 books aren't YA, but fall into the non-fiction realm. Eating Animals was outstanding and while it didn't make me vegan or vegetarian, it gave me a huge understanding about what eating animals really does mean. Hits on a personal level and leads you to greater pastures. The other 2 books I read around the time my mom was dying. One funny, one heavy and true. Both recommended reading.

Eating Animals

Prayer Requested

The Mercy Papers: A Memoir of Three Weeks

All my reads of the past year have been documented on my GoodReads account.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home